Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thoughts and Sites!!

Well,I had to go to wal-mart this morning(woohoo),so I'm sharing some of my thoughts and sites along the way. Hope you enjoy the ride.


The corn is almost ready for harvest. I told you fall was here.

This church is built of sandstone,there are many buildings in this area made from this stone and I remember my Grandmother telling me about how my Grandfather and my Daddy would dig these stones out of the rock quarry(by hand)and sell them for these purposes. When I first married I lived right next to the same rock quarry(but thats a story for another time).

And this.

Side view.

Even the school where my children finished is sandstone. It was built in the 20's.

I love this old building,it's not far from my home and I'm so scared that they will end up tearing it down instead of restoring it. I love the sound of walking on these old wood floors and the smells take me back to a simplier time.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the trip...loved the pics. I love Alabama. Hope to one day move back. I hope you enjoy your time off from work.
    Blessing's
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing - those are beautiful buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing that we, as a country, seem to have an issue with, is far too much importance is placed on progress. The Europeans, etc. seem far more determined to preserve their architecture. We seem perfectly happy to tear down historic buildings to build another Monster Mega Mart.
    Not only are those same stores bulldozing our history, as Alan Jackson sang in one of his songs, they are "Killing the little man".

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lj6PMv68Ho

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics....I really hope they don't tear that old building down. And I spent many many long days in that school. But wish I could go back now and redo some things.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you. It doesn't even have to be about my post,just say hi or maybe you have something that you would like to rant about.If you do the floor is yours. Either way,I'm proud you stopped by and hurry back.