Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My view of June Weddings and how the gown should really look.


A Child's View of Marriage
When my daughter was about four years old, she still had a hard time grasping the concept of marriage. So, I got out our wedding album, thinking visual images would help, and explained the entire service to her.

Once finished, I asked if she had any questions, and she replied, "Oh. I see. Is that when Mommy came to work for us, Daddy?"

Sorry I'm such a pessimist but I was a June Bride from the 60's and being a wife then was very different than today.........this was very true back then.

2 comments:

  1. I have to laugh! When I first read this I thought it said when my daughter was fourTY years old...

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you. It doesn't even have to be about my post,just say hi or maybe you have something that you would like to rant about.If you do the floor is yours. Either way,I'm proud you stopped by and hurry back.