Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Just call me ..............


That's me,always good for a laugh and the older I get,the worse I get. Yesterday I was pulling up weeds for the lady I work for. I was pulling on one of those running evergreens when my hand slipped,hit myself right in the kneecap with my fist. I thought she was going to fall out of the wheelchair laughing at me. Luckily,it soon stop hurting and I was happy to have dodged a bullit. I came home that afternoon thinking I would get ahead on my chores. I changed all the sheets,fed the furrychildren and took them for a walk,got the mail,and swept the porch. I happened to notice the lawnmower needed cleaning. I first was going to wipe off the dried grass,so I bent down and was wiping the grass away and when I started to get up,oh the pain. Apparently I pulled something in the back of my knee. So,the rest of the evening I spent on the couch with a heating pad,hoping it would be better this morning. I'm glad to say it is a lot better today,at least I can walk through the house without holding to everything I pass. Needless to say,the knee gods were after me yesterday. On the upside,for the first time,in a long time,I watched a movie all the way through in one sitting,I read half of a book and got to bed early. See,all things happen for a reason. I am hopeful that tomorrow I will be good as new. Clumsy?Unlucky?Cursed? Who knows? It wasn't as bad as the time I tripped over a toothpick(really happened)but that's another story.

4 comments:

  1. Now who's been workin the Voodoo Doll? HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heres to a better day!!!
    Blessing's
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh take care of your knees - from one that is fighting replacement. I have a very expensive brace I have to wear if I do anything strenuous - right now I avoid strenuous *winks*

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you. It doesn't even have to be about my post,just say hi or maybe you have something that you would like to rant about.If you do the floor is yours. Either way,I'm proud you stopped by and hurry back.