Monday, October 26, 2009

Got to Love a Scarecrow

Fall,How I love fall of the year. The leaves,the festivals,pumpkins and so many beautiful fall decorations. In most you will see a scarecrow,ah,scarecrows. Love them but I doubt that most children even realize where they originated. I'm sure most of them just think,Wizard of Oz right off the bat. But those in farming country know fully well their purpose to scare away birds and animals from dining on the seeds and crops. Most would just throw an old shirt and hat on some sticks that were stuck up in the field or garden so when I found these photos of how original people have gotten with these(and there are also contests)I thought I would share them,clicking on them will give full effect.

















I hope you enjoyed these as much as I did.

10 comments:

  1. Those are some very creative scarecrows. But maybe it's been too many horror films - but they scare me too. I have a little oine in my fall decorations and even he gives me the creeps. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you know they had a blast making these! My favorites were the two scarecrows in the foggy field, and the field with the crowd of them (I wonder how many there were!). Great photos - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the pics..I love scarecrows..I really like the one with the mom and daughter on the swing. I like my crow one this year . You know alot of interesting things. I love what you told me about the native indians and their belief with the crows. I hope your having a great week.
    Many Blessing's
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DID enjoy the scarecrows. Thank you. Now off to bed I go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is a great post. I have not seen any creative scarecrows around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are awesome - just one question. Is that one a stripper, Madonna or Britney scarecrow??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi you,,,,I wanted to stop by and say ,,,hi..Thanks for always taking a look at my blog..
    Many Blessing's
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are awesome!! Thanks for stopping by and the follow! Got you back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A field of scarecrows. Oh, yes. I enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you. It doesn't even have to be about my post,just say hi or maybe you have something that you would like to rant about.If you do the floor is yours. Either way,I'm proud you stopped by and hurry back.